Getting to Glendalough and Getting Around
While planning your trip to Glendalough, if you are not travelling by car, careful consideration must be give to your travel arrangements as there is only one private daily bus service in operation to and from Glendalough. Timetable details here (www.glendaloughbus.com)
There is also a weekly rural transport service to some of the nearer larger towns.
However there is a private daily service - Glendalough/Dublin/Glendalough and a weekly rural transport service to some of the nearer larger towns.
Details of all your options are listed below. Please note that any extra effort taken to get to Glendalough will be well worth it.
- From Dublin: Take M11/N11 (South). Continue as far as Kilmacanogue take exit marked Roundwood/Glendalough (R755).
- Follow Roundwood/Glendalough (R755) signs for 13kms until you reach Roundwood.
- Travel straight through Roundwood following signs for Laragh/Glendalough (R755) through Annamoe for 8kms.
- Continue straight into Laragh (R756) and straight through to Glendalough (R757).
- Take N11 through Enniscorthy, bypassing Gorey and Arklow.
- After "Jack White's" public house take exit marked Ashford/Rathnew, then at roundabout take the 1st exit signposted Ashford (R772).
- At roundabout in Ashford take the 1st exit signposted Roundwood/Glendalough (R764).
- Then turn left onto the road signposted Glendalough (R763).
- Continue on for 11kms until you reach a T junction.
- Turn left on the road marked Laragh/Glendalough (R755).
- Continue through Annamoe and straight into Laragh (R756) and straight through to Glendalough (R757).
- There is no direct train service to Glendalough but you can take the train from Dublin(Connolly)/Wexford as far as Rathdrum (the nearest train station to Glendalough) and then take a taxi from Rathdrum to Glendalough.
- Check train times on www.irishrail.ie
- See below for details of local taxis
- NB: There is a private bus company, St Kevin's Bus, that run a daily service Dublin/Glendalough and Glendalough/Dublin. Check out details of times etc from Dublin to Glendalough on www.glendaloughbus.com. This is the only direct service.
- There is no direct public bus service to Glendalough but you can take the bus from Dublin/Wexford as far asRathdrum (the nearest stop to Glendalough) and then take a taxi from Rathdrum to Glendalough. Check times onwww.buseireann.ie. See below for details of local taxis.
- There is a weekly bus service from Laragh (beside Glendalough) to Rathdrum and Wicklow and once a month there is a shopping trip or day trip organised.
- You must book you place on the bus by 12 noon on the day before the trip.
- Check out details on the Wicklow Rural Transport website here >>>
A friendly and reliable service around Glendalough, Wicklow and the entire East Coast area. At Glendalough Cabs we provide a full range of services for both individuals and groups including Airport transfers, Ferry port service, Sight seeing Ferry port service, Sight seeing tours, Hotel transfers etc... Pre-book to avoid disappointment.
Local cab and bus service for Roundwood, Laragh Glendalough and surrounding areas.
Tours of Co Wicklow. Airport and ferry transfers. Golf trips.
Private hire for nights out and weekends away. 14, 16 & 29 seater buses available.
Willie McCoy Mini Bus & Group Transport Hire
Contact: Willie McCoy
Tel: +353 (0) 404 45453
Mobile: +353 (0)87-2341692
Fax: +353 (0) 404 45453
Based in the village of Laragh, just 2km from Glendalough, and 15 Km from Bray. The service specialists in Airport collections to Dublin and back, and for Walking Groups in the area who want to have their own bus service at their disposal. The Buses cater for up to 16 people and baggage, and are very comfortable and well maintained. They are available 7 days a week throughout the year.
Roundwood Chauffeur Services
Tel: +353 (0)1 2810044 / Tel: +353 (0)86 8409582
Roundwood Chauffeur Services offers you a reliable, professional and discrete chauffeur service. Located in the Garden of Ireland, ideally located on the east coast of Ireland. Our range of professional services provide transport for corporate clients, social events, private tours and excursions. Can cater for 1-8 persons.
Wild Rover Tours
Dun Laoghaire Enterprise Centre
Contact: John Goldrick
Tel: +353 (0)1 2845560
Mob: +353 (0)87 2233882
Ireland’s best day tours, most original and professional. All attractions and sites included in the ticket. See Wicklow’s wild countryside and hidden secrets. Guided walks, nature and wild life. Visit Ireland’s most haunted place Wicklow Gaol. Botancial Gardens, historical housese. Fun, educational, professional in luxury vehicles.